Monday 3 May 2010

I'm a panicdrinksbuyer!

and I always end up with a selection of bottles and pots and mugs rather than just the one drink. I'm most worst when at the Boston Tea Party, I always always end up with some new kind of herbal tea, one other mystery drink and some water, maybe even a snapple too. I've had a few panic buys where I've ended up with their raspberry and mint smoothie, the occasional double expresso and sometimes I blurt out ICEDMOCHA. Their menus of all the world's choices in teas and coffees doesn't help, I get sucked in by new words. I think maybe I just don't drink enough drinks outside of water to be ready with picking. I end up going a little crazy with all these new drinks, as a monodrinker, I don't normally see.


















A Story About Tea. 
















I've never liked tea. Never ever. But my Dad is from Lancashire and my Mum is from Nottingham and their Mum's and Dad's are all northern too, and their sisters and brothers and their kids and every other Latham there is, and the whole lot drinks six cups a day of tea on the very worst of all days, plus they're able to manage a sneaky cup when they're not even near a kettle so you can never really know.
They hate it that I hate tea. When it comes to making another cup there's always an awkward moment where someone will ask who's having tea and I'll try and look like I'm thinking about it, them looking at me like I'm committing a religious crime right there in front of them. My Grandpa Harry gets particularly livid that I don't like tea and everything cooked in lard and cheese nibbles as a snack all the time and fruit jellies at Christmas. The last time I visited he made me try tea again, and then got so mad when I pulled my yuck-face that he shouted at me to 'just try tea with some lemon at the very least'..in between mutters about 'why doesn't she like tea', 'how can she not like tea', 'maybe I'll try again with some cheese nibbles' in between my mutters about 'stupid tea', 'who cares which way you turn the teaspoon...water doesn't need a spoon'
Another annoyance for them is that I'm not much of a cordial drinker or a milk drinker or all drinks a Grandma will have ready either. Saying I'm just ok with water always gets a hateful look. I don't know how they can get so cross really when I'm only being a good guest and not being fussy.
Teaism is almost as bad as gingerism these days, I've learnt to not-like tea if you have an office job means you're already no-good, and every time you forget to get teas is just a symbol of your anti-tea elitism. [which really means you must only drink coffee or herbal teas and therefore be posh]
I'll just stick to my water, thankyou.

I do have my good drink picking days and on those days I'd choose these...
Mango and Apple and Guava snapples [But not the fruit punch one and not the kiwi and strawberry, that one tastes of sweets and sugar and syrup.]
Regular Ribena
Strawberry ribena [from a carton]
Lychee, Mango and Pomegranate Rubicons
Vimto
Dandelion & Burdock
Pink Lemonade
Sour Cherryade
Cloudy apple juice
Bubble Tea
Tropicana orange juice with bits
Pepsi Max
Yo burger and McDonalds and Burger King vanilla milkshake
Peach Iced-tea
Mountain Dew [Wai Yee Hong Supermarket, Eastville]
Rio
Tizer
Lemon Fanta
Fiery ginger beer
Marks & Spencers limeade

No comments:

Post a Comment