Saturday 24 April 2010

Library lust.

This is my local library!


Like an idiot, I've been a million times and not gone up to the first floor..I couldn't curse myself more for it. The place is a dream, it's all spiral staircases, old wooden desks and even older wooden spinny chairs, floor to ceiling shelves of dusty books, chests full of tiny draws full of old clippings, censuseseses, journals, everything to keep a Kate happy for a lifetime. There's nothing I love more than pretending I'm the first explorer of secret hidden bits and things in tiny old compartments.

Now, I got a little excited about having a blog so I just had to go and scribble down some ideas of sections I can, maybe, include. You know, like you always get a crossword in the newspaper I'm hoping I can have a few bits that will always feature every week.

My first idea was an 'I'll just leave you with this..' section so here it is. A few library related bits for you to swoon and sigh over.

Of course, when I need it most, the original site now looks like this but I found the next best thing, this little site, and from there I stole these photos..







And for those of you who don't like reading, read on..
These top three were made by Tom Bendtsen. You can have a sneak round his site for the whole collection.



The next three below are all promotional images for Anagram Bookshop in Prague, by Kaspen.



And these ones, well these are just a mystery. I have no idea who rustled up these but they're too fancy to keep out of this section.

















And that was the 'I'll just leave you with this' part. Tomorrow, or even tonight when I get a second, I'm thinking of introducing some more goodies, mainly artsy fartsy things I've found out about. That's art, not farts!

No comments:

Post a Comment