Tuesday 27 April 2010

Books 'n' Snacks.

















My books came, my books came! As soon as my student loan came through I got on to amazon and started ordering away. If it wasn't for £2.75 postal charges some of them would have been just 39p.
There's nothing more I love than, the good kind of, post. Bills boooo, books woooo! I guess I should mention what they are...
The Selfish Gene - Richard Dawkins
The God Delusion - Richard Dawkins, too
..these are probably the only two you can see without squinting
Then there's E=MC² - Brian Cox
The Tipping Point - Malcolm Gladwell
Charlie Kaufman and Hollywood's Merry Band of Pranksters, Fabulists and Dreamers - An excursion into the American New Wave- Derek Hill and
A Short History of Nearly Everything - Bill Bryson
All that's left to come is Zeitgeist - Bruce Sterling which, I have a sneaky feeling, is stuck in an airport waiting for Iceland to sort out it's volcano.
I'm hoping they'll be a good read, I tend to like these kind of books, to mull over, rather than anything fictiony. Stephen Hawkins' A Brief History of Time got me started.  


On to snacks! Today has been a good food and snack day.















A Gloucester Road find. Biscuit and chocolate has never been so good. And I am a sucker for an interesting looking packet.
I should have been quicker 'cause Dan got most of them and just those three were mine!














WeightWatchers citrusy yoghurts..usually two for £2.50 in the supermarket!..and very much underrated.I could easily eat myself into a pink grapefruit yoghurty daze.














Salad! A bit of lemon juice, black pepper and some smoked salmon along with regular salady bits and this is, maybe, one of my favourite foods.
I think I might just be the best snack picker ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment