Saturday 24 April 2010

I made it!



So who's been listening to Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros? I wish I could say more about their album but I've been stuck listening to this one song called Home and I haven't really made it onto the rest of their album [Up From Below]..although saying that, I did have a quick breeze through and the rest sounds pretty good too.

I do have a tiny bit to tell you about them. Lead singer, percussionist, guitarist and piano player Alex Ebert, formerly lead singer of IMA Robot, had a bit of a nightmare a few years ago after breaking up with his girlfriend, moving out and starting a 12-step programme for addiction. He created his alter-ego Edward Sharpe who he declared was sent down to Earth to kinda heal and save mankind but he kept getting distracted by girls and falling in love, met Jade Castrinos and then poof, played their first show in July 2007 and then poof, again, released their digital recording in July 2009.

The main group consists of
Alex Ebert
Jade Castrinos
Nico Aglietti
Stewart Cole
Tay Strathairn
Aaron Older
Josh Collazo
Orpheo McCord
Nora Kirkpatrick
Christian Letts, but there can be up to 16 of them.
And that's all I know!

Without a doubt Home is my favourite song of theirs, I could listen to it forever and like to think I could quite easily fit in that big bunch of crazies, maybe even one of them could tune my, so far, untuneable ukelele.


No comments:

Post a Comment