Tuesday 27 April 2010

Gloucester Road

For no one who knows, Gloucester Road is one of my favourite streets in Bristol. It's just charity shops and little cafés and turkish and asian and healthfood and caribbean supermarkets, DVDs stores, sweet shops and more! Perfect. Yesterday Dan and I went and I came back with all sorts. Mainly food.
Lucky that this sign was about because we have no idea what would have happened had we not known..


Thankyou sign, for helping us out!








After Walkers' attempt flop at exciting everyone with their builder's breakfast and onion bhaji crisps last year I thought things would end the same with their new limited edition range for the World Cup and just dismissed ever buying them but Gloucester Road got the better of me [as did my hungry hungover belly] and I ended up getting The American Cheeseburger, German Bratwurst, English Roast Beef & Yorkshire Pudding and Brazilian Salsa flavours for us to have a try. I can sum them up quite quickly..
The American Cheeseburger ones tasted, surprisingly, just like cheeseburger but we didn't like that because it's kinda like strawberry flavoured raisins and other lousy gimmicky foods. Plus I decided burger crisps are a bit of a fat kid thing to eat.
Then the German Bratwurst..definitely the best by a mile. Tasted kinda familiar and of sausages. Wasn't really a disappointment or anything to get excited about. We'll probably never buy them again..and you do end up with sausage breath for a good few hours. 
The other two were disgusting.
The Roast Beef & Yorkshire pudding ones tasted like dough and The Brazilian salsa ones were a bit sweet and, almost, fruity tasting. Who wants salsa crisps? Not us! Salsa, I think, should be kept for dips and not in chips.
I'm done experimenting with walkers world cup crisps and shan't be buying anymore. They're definitely going the same way as that fish & chips and cajun squirrel [!] poop did. Instead I'm going to stick to my absolute favourite..that I re-found yesterday on Gloucester Road for the first time in years..and those are Petrified Prawns. 15p, the perfect treat! Course I got some krunchie sticks too..














Dan found the quickest way from Clifton to Gloucester Road I've ever seen, which normally doesn't happen. His shortcuts are never shortcuts but this time he got it right and he managed to take us through a pretty little park and, quite aptly, we found a little path called Lover's Walk.










































































Just as well we walked for hours because I had such bad snack attacks and ended up eating more wagamamas [yaki soba, no sesame seeds], gloucester road pick 'n' mix and more Petrified Prawns! The oatmeal and raisin cookies don't really count because Sainsbury's slipped up and they were as bad as yorkshire pudding crisps. One bite and I was done!











Coke for him, Coke Zero for me..and that's only because all the Pepsi Max was gone.



A disc of Band of Brothers later and it could very well have been the perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment